With a durable USB flash key, pen, and notebook integrated into a credit card-sized case, the LaCie WriteCard gives you everything you need to record both your high- and low-tech data. Its innovative case features a soft touch surface, and fits easily in your wallet. The scratch- and water-resistant USB flash key slides right out of the case, ready to back up or transfer your files, whether you're on a PC or Mac. When you need to write down a phone number or address in a pinch, slide out the handy pen and notepad. Whatever you need to record, the LaCie WriteCard has you covered. In addition, it comes with 4GB of secure online storage from Wuala.*
- Credit card shape; fits in your wallet
- Scratch-and water- resistant USB flash key
- Pen and notepad included
- Hot pluggable; cross-platform compatibility
- Product Dimensions: 3.3 x 2.1 x 0.1 inches ; 0.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B0041RSAFU
- Item model number: 131058
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 31, 2010
Now I just need more space on the flash drive so I’m buying another one. 8 gigs this time. It’s just too bad the card that holds the flashdrive doesn’t have about 2 or 3 more slots to carry another flashdrive, then I’d be able to have 12 GB in one card with the one I already have. Hope LaCie decides to design something like this. I would buy it immediately.
Yep, it’s a flash drive, yessireebob
The drive comes formatted FAT32 and works just about as you’d expect. My 5-year-old Macbook has trouble reading it unless I apply pressure on it while it’s plugged into the USB port, but I think that’s a function of my old laptop just having an old, sloppy port. It works fine on the two other machines that I use frequently.